It was a championship weekend in women’s hockey as the Boston Pride captured the inaugural NWHL title, sweeping the final over the Buffalo Beauts to win the Isobel Cup. North of the border in the CWHL, the Calgary Inferno won their first ever Clarkson Cup over the heavily favoured Les Canadiennes. Both games were played under a shadow of possible expansion in the NWHL, or a merger between the two leagues… Also, lots of NHL outdoor games were announced this past week, and David Bastl from Bastl’s Bytes drops by to talk about them.
- Boston Pride wins inaugural Isobel Cup
- Calgary Inferno win first Clarkson Cup
- NWHL teases Canadian expansion
- NHL GM meetings this week
- Blueline cameras coming for NHL playoffs
- Yahoo! to stream games online in the US
- NHL announces four outdoor games for 2016-17
- Philadelphia to host US Prospects Game
- David Bastl from Bastl’s Bytes
- Ghost Bear Jersey
- Jakub Voracek Tweets!
- Jakub Voracek Tweets Again!
- Meghan Duggan’s hockey doubleheader